Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In the Beginning...


So yes, I am officially a blogger. As I sat on my back porch looking over a local soccer, eating gold fish, and drinking coca cola my two amigos started blogging. I felt a bit left out, so I sprayed some mosquito repellent on and joined the world of blogging. I am in Peru. Yes you are probably thinking what in the world is this kid doing there? Don’t I have a team to be with back home? Shouldn’t I be training? Yes, yes, and yes! Over the course of the next nine weeks I will be blogging about my trip here in Peru, posting pictures, and sharing what I have learned both culturally and even more importantly spiritually.
            So lets get started. I got this wild idea back in January to accompany my cousin on a journey to South America. I had no clue what I was getting into just knew I couldn’t have picked a better person to travel with. I knew that if he was making the effort to come all the way here, it would have something to do with serving the Lord, loving people, serving people, playing sports, and eating REALLY good! Doesn’t that sound like the most fun trip? If you know me, you know that I love to eat, and I love to love. There is just something about that word. If you don’t love to love then you will probably not love or even like this blog. I will go more into this these next couple of weeks but for now I got to stick to the plan…. Yes, I’m ADD, ADHD, and ABCDEFG.
            After talking to Will about this trip I learned that another girl from his College Ministry there in College Station would be making the trek here as well and her name is Alex. Alex is already awesome and such a trooper. I can’t wait to keep growing in my relationships with these two. So what are we doing here? We are here to help on a Mango Farm. Yes, the great mangos you buy from your local HEB with soon be coming from the small town Malinga right outside of Tambo Grande. Tambo Grande is also a smaller community about and hour and a half from Piura where we stay on the weekends. The John Mark Davidson family lives there and are hosting us for the time being. And lets just say, this family is awesome! It doesn’t get any better than these guys! The have completely made this trip all it is worth, and I can’t wait to keep learning more about these guys. John Mark and Tara have FOUR kids. Three boys Kellen, Kase, and Mack, and one girl named Parker (excuse the spelling if it is wrong :/) These kids are nuts and it is so fun to be around some americans and talk a little English in the afternoons.
            I should probably wrap up my first blog now by giving my intro into love. I am reading a book right now called Love Does. It is basically a bunch of crazy stories about love and how extreme it needs to be! I want that love in my life! I want to experience the love that Christ has, has had, and always will have for me, with everyone I come in contact with. To find that love I packed up my bags and traveled as far away and as different as I could find from the life I was living. You see, to me being normal was being like everyone I was around. I was cool, had things going for me that I ALWAYS took for granted, lived in a nice house, drove a nice car, had the best electronics, an unbelievable family, and plenty of food and water! I was tired, in a rut, and needed to experience something more! So here I am, outside getting eaten by mosquitos because my repellent has worn off, out of clean water, and running out of battery, but most importantly completely in love with love! Why am I here you ask again? Because that’s what love does!

2 comments:

  1. so proud of you case, and thankful for your friendship. such great things are going to keep coming. much love my brother - nb

    ReplyDelete